What decreases your home’s curb appeal – as well as its property value? These issues can affect it: fading, peeling, cracking, or chipping paint, or any of these together. The solution is exterior house painting in Dublin, restoring and maximizing your home’s curb appeal.
The benefits of repainting your home’s exterior are more than just aesthetic reasons. It also helps increase property value, which will be the most crucial factor when selling your home.
Painting is a relatively cost-effective way to enhance your home’s curb appeal and increase its value. You won’t need to spend a lot of money on renovation.
Are you selling your home soon?
Thus, it would help if you made enhancing your home’s curb appeal one of the top priorities. A curb appeal is used to describe the general attractiveness of a property when viewed from the street.
When buyers go house hunting, the first thing they will immediately notice (and look for) is its curb appeal. Your home’s curb appeal can tell you what the buyers can expect to find once they check out its interiors.
At the very least, your home’s outside appearance and curb appeal should indicate whether you’ll succeed or fail in securing a buyer. With that in mind, it’s a great idea to enhance your home’s curb appeal. Only once potential buyers are convinced the inside is worth investigating should they inquire further.
In 2019, real-estate marketplace Zillow conducted a study on homes they sold. According to their research, the average cost of updating a home with painting (both interior and exterior) and doing basic landscaping was about $3,000. It looks like it’s a lot of money, but with the right colors for the exterior, you can quickly recoup your $3,000 and even more.
But even if the plans of selling your home are far from your mind right now, anytime is a good time to update and enhance your home’s curb appeal.
Here are the other benefits of painting your home’s exterior beyond mere aesthetic reasons:
- It offers improved protection against outside elements, such as light, heat, moisture, snow, etc.
- It helps you identify structural damage caused by heat, moisture, and insects, allowing you to repair problem areas before painting them.
- Painting is a cost-effective way to improve your home’s appearance compared to a major renovation, which can cost you several thousand dollars.
Here are simple but fool-proof steps (and some tips) to paint your exterior:
- First, wash and clean the surfaces – you can do that by manual scrubbing, using a garden hose, or using a power washer (which you can buy or rent. Or better yet, hire a professional who can handle it).
- Repair cracks, holes, fissures, etc., with a spackling compound. Let the compound dry and sand off the excess to make the surface smooth and even.
- Use caulk around joints, cracks, or gaps around windows, doors, plumbing, or pipes.
- Cover bushes, hedges, lawns, etc., with drop cloths. If necessary or desired, tape areas, such as door and window trim, to protect them from dripping paint.
- Always use premium paints, primers, and quality tools.
- Stick to lighter colors for the siding to make your home look larger. Neutrals such as white, beige, cream, and light gray will give your home a classic and elegant look that will attract potential buyers.
- Choose striking colors for door and window trim, railings, and other accents to brighten and freshen up your home’s exterior appearance. Doing so will also bring out the different architectural details of your home that you may have never noticed before.
- Paint your front door with vivid color – it will surely make a strong statement!
If you’re planning exterior house painting in Dublin – whether you plan to sell your home or want to give it a new and updated look – give Custom Painting, Inc. a call. It would be a pleasure to serve you, putting well over four decades of experience, expertise, and quality workmanship into your home.