If you have been to a restaurant, boutique, doctor’s office, or any business in Dublin, CA, there’s a chance that you may have seen wallpaper adorning their interior spaces. Commercial wallpaper usually lasts up to 25 years, depending on the type. Sometime after that period, many businesses want to get their current wallpaper removed for the following reasons:
- Wallpaper can be difficult and costly to maintain.
- Businesses want to renovate and update their appearance and may see wallpaper as obsolete.
- Mold and mildew growth.
- Damaged wallpaper.
- The need to improve indoor air quality.
Commercial painting contractors like Custom Painting, Inc. know that removing wallpaper can be time-consuming and messy. Our years of experience working with various wallpaper types and styles have enabled us to use the right tools and techniques to ensure the removal process is done correctly, efficiently, and safely. The result is clean, smooth interior walls ready for new paint or wallpaper style.
Custom Painting, Inc.’s wallpaper removal services
Custom Painting, Inc. offers reliable and efficient wallpaper removal services to commercial properties in Bay Area cities. Here are some things you may want to know about our process:
- We identify the type of wallpaper that’s currently on your walls to determine the appropriate tools and techniques for removal.
- We accommodate our services to different types of commercial spaces, wallpaper types, and wallpaper conditions.
- Once we remove the wallpaper, we usually prime the walls to achieve better paint adhesion.
Here are a couple of facts about wallpaper removal:
- For removal of the standard strippable wallpaper on drywall, we soak the wallpaper thoroughly so that its glue softens on the wall without getting the drywall too wet. Next, we score and peel the wallpaper carefully and then remove the residual paper and glue. Once we remove the wallpaper, we then clean the walls, making the surfaces smooth, clean, and ready for new wallpaper (or better yet) paint.
- Several layers of old wallpaper or vinyl wall coverings are more challenging to remove. There are several methods of removal, including prolonged soaking, using chemical solvents, and using an industrial steamer to effectively remove layers of old wallpaper from the surface while keeping the walls as intact as possible.
Our wallpaper removal approach usually consists of the following:
- Initial assessment by identifying the type of wallpaper to determine the appropriate tools and techniques for removal.
- Preparation of the workspace by removing wall décor and other installations, taking away or covering furniture, covering the floors, and taping baseboards or trim (if any).
- Actual removal of the wallpaper from the walls.
- Removing the entire adhesive from the walls.
- Removing wallpaper glue residue from the walls by washing.
- Wallpaper removal can inevitably cause some damage to walls, such as dents, holes, and scratches, so we do the necessary repairs to ensure a smooth surface.
- Cleaning and priming the walls.
- New wallpaper installation or new paint.
- Clean-up and disposal of detached wallpaper and other debris.
Choose Custom Painting, Inc.!
Custom Painting, Inc.’s licensed and insured paint crew uses the quality tools available and applies the correct techniques for wallpaper removal. Thanks to over 40 years of professional experience, we do the job faster and more efficiently than any DIY enthusiast or cheap but inexperienced, unqualified contractor.
In addition to wallpaper removal, Custom Painting, Inc. offers various services to improve, update, enhance, and extend the life of your commercial building:
- Drywall repair
- Repairs to water-damaged ceiling repairs
- Wood rot repair and replacement
- Acoustic ceiling removal
- Deck painting and staining
- Double-pane window installation
- Custom crown molding installation, and many others.
Are you ready to say goodbye to your old wallpaper? Hire only experienced, licensed, and insured painters with all the tools needed to remove wallpaper and update your interiors with new paint or wallpaper. Contact the experts at Custom Painting, Inc. Call us at 925-294-8062 or message us here for a free consultation or job quote.