Metal doors are known to be exceptionally strong and durable, making them ideal for commercial properties in Dublin, CA. However, metal doors are also prone to rust, and replacing them is expensive. That’s why business owners would rather paint their metal doors to keep up with ongoing maintenance, as it is a more economical alternative than replacement.
Custom Painting, Inc. has worked with many types of surfaces, including rusty metals. In dealing with rusty metal door painting, our professional paint crew will use the correct paints, tools, and techniques to remove all rust from your metal doors and leave the surfaces clean before repainting them properly.
While the painting process may be different depending on the type of metal used for doors, our professional paint crew usually follows these steps:
- Removing the door.
- Removing the door hardware, such as the doorknob and hinges. If necessary, we soak the hardware in a rust remover solution for at least 30 minutes, depending on the severity of the rust.
- Preparing the workspace.
- Removing the loose rust and flaking paint from the door’s surface. If some areas are heavily rusted and pitted and cannot be removed by manual wire brushing alone, we may use a drill with a wire wheel attachment to remove rust.
- Sanding off the remaining rust.
- Cleaning the painted surfaces of the metal door with a degreaser and cleaner to prepare it for priming and painting.
- Applying a rust-inhibiting primer.
- Applying an even coat of exterior paint that’s formulated for use on metal surfaces. We usually apply two coats of paint, letting the first coat dry completely before applying the second coat.
- Re-installing the hardware on the metal door.
- Re-installing the door.
- Final clean-up and proper disposal of debris and waste.
Usually, rolling and spraying are the usual application techniques when painting metal doors. Still, spraying is preferred as it is quicker and gives the surface a smooth and uniform finish.
Along with the proper cleaning and preparation of door metals, we use only quality paints and primers that are formulated for use on metal surfaces to ensure durability and longevity.
Benefits of metal door painting
Here are the following benefits of hiring professional metal door painting services:
- It is an inexpensive way to freshen up the look of your metal door and the overall exterior appearance of your commercial building.
- It improves your property’s curb appeal.
- Your door is now protected from the external elements, such as moisture and heat, that can cause rust.
- It extends your door’s lifespan.
- It helps maintain or increase your property value.
Why choose us?
Since Custom Painting Inc. started in the early 1980s, our goal has been to make the painting process as easy, smooth, and stress-free as possible. Over the decades, we have expanded our services from interior and exterior painting to power washing, custom crown molding installation, wallpaper removal, drywall and ceiling repair, and many others without compromising our quality.
Aside from our quality workmanship, Custom Painting, Inc. is proud to have a professional but friendly and accommodating staff. We also offer convenient payment options according to your needs and preferences. Our painters in Dublin, CA, are in constant communication with our clients during and after the project to ensure the highest satisfaction. We stand behind our work with a workmanship warranty, which we usually provide upon project completion.
Instead of replacing your rusty metal doors, you should hire painters in Dublin, CA, to repaint them. Custom Painting, Inc., is always ready to help! Call us at 925-294-8062 or send us a message online to request a free estimate.