There are many ways to boost a home’s curb appeal, such as adding a patio or enhancing the front-yard landscaping, which can cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars.
Most homeowners can get by quicker and more affordable alternatives that are just as effective, such as simply cleaning the house and doing exterior painting near me. Only a coat of paint of carefully chosen colors can transform the look of your home. It’s as if it’s an entirely different house than it was before.
At some point, hiring professionals to do the exterior painting is a must for some homeowners. Many don’t own tall ladders, power washers, or other equipment to complete an exterior painting job. In addition, they may not have all the time needed to complete the job as soon as they want. If you’re in the same situation, you’ve got to hand the job to the pros.
Everyone knows exterior painting can be a huge undertaking, even for experienced DIY house painters. Hiring a professional painter can save a lot of time, money, and, yes, frustration.
Many homeowners are convinced they can tackle the job themselves. They would spend hundreds of dollars worth of paint and equipment, only to begin the project and realize it’s over their heads.
Doing diligent research on local painting contractors and hiring the right one is your best decision. One of the obvious benefits of hiring a professional paint contractor is convenience. You don’t have to work alone or purchase the equipment straight from your pocket.
For instance, a 48-foot-tall extension ladder is usually expensive, and storing it in a typical home can be challenging. And, unless you’ve had experience with such equipment, most people find it hard to carry and maneuver. Or a power washer, another expensive piece of equipment requiring expert handling. The intense pressure from the water can shatter windowpanes if you don’t know what you’re doing. On the other hand, professional painters will send an entire crew to your home, complete with everything they need for the job. Since they use these tools and equipment regularly, they know how to use them like the back of their hand.
Apart from having the right equipment and sufficient knowledge on how to use them, the pros have the skills and experience. They have the tricks and techniques to ensure the paint goes where it’s supposed to for the best results.
With today’s technology, it’s much easier to research painters in your area. Here are a few ways that will lead you to the right contractor:
- Read online reviews from websites and other sources like Yelp, Google reviews, Houzz, Angi (formerly Angie’s List), etc. Follow your intuition. If you feel that the reviews are authentic and legitimate – be they positive or negative – trust them.
- Search for local paint contractors on the Better Business Bureau website and see if they have resolved most customer complaints.
- Ask contractors for references. Contact each reference and ask them about their experience working with the crew, e.g., did they finish the job on time and within budget? Did the crew communicate well with their clients? If the references are satisfied with the contractors’ work, they will be glad to recommend them for your project.
- Ask the contractors for portfolios or any other examples of their work. While some contractors may not have updated their websites, they certainly have the photos and other documentation they will send to you upon request.
Also, don’t forget to ask the contractors for:
- A valid license.
- Active insurance. A contractor with both general liability and worker’s compensation insurance is preferable.
- For comparison, a detailed and accurate project estimate from at least three different contractors.
- A written contract.
- A written guarantee.
Doing research, investigation, and interviews with contractors and their past clients is a lot of work. But in the end, the decision to hire a professional contractor to do exterior painting near me will free you from the worry, hassle, and expense of completing such a job yourself. It’s an excellent investment. All you have to do is look at your beautiful home that’s now protected from the weather elements for many years to come.